Here is hands on experiences of the 2013 Horizons:
1. Ellen Kocher - Manic Mokume - how to make exciting veneers that can be used for jewelry or to make inros.
2. Joan Tayler - How to make an Inro. A little purse for hidden treasures.
3. Olga Osnach - Elves and Gnome faces - Make charming faces to ignite the imagination.
4. Carolyn Good - Learn how to create bargello pattern veneers sheet. Learn to blend colours from a pro.
5. Jem Redlich - Dye formed shapes and draped bowls. You will explore the simplicity on draping and the independence of dye forming.
6. Joan Tayler - Use little bits of veneer to make large feature beads.
( BFB - Big Fat Beads )
The Reception: Friday evening, 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm at Seymour Art Gallery
Transportation will be provided via the Poly-Trolley between the Park Inn Hotel and Deep cove the site Seymour Gallery Chameleon - polymer clay art show.
Accommodation: all participants are financially responsible for their own accommodations, meals and refreshments.
The Park Inn on Broadway is offering a special rate of $95/night for 1-3 occupants. A fourth person can be added for an additional $20/night. The hotel has blocked off rooms on the same floor for us - be sure to mention "Horizons, Polymer Clay retreat" to get your special pricing. Book your rooms by January 16, 2012. Rate expires then. Make reservations by phone (604)872-8661 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org cc email@example.com.
Cost: For all the weekend activities - $150 for members $175 for none members
Please make your cheques payable to: Vancouver Polymer Clay Guild
Mail your cheques to :
Ellen Kocher, Treasurer
2970 Delahaye Drive,
Coquitlam, BC V3B 6Z3
We look forward to seeing you in February. Happy claying until then!
Further information : If you have a food allergy or medical condition that you would like us to take under consideration please make a note of it on the back of this application.
Please note that this is a wheelchair accessible venue.